Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Interfaith Service Jan. 16 2012
Monday, January 16, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EST)
To sign up, choose the number of people above in the Quantity drop down and click REGISTER.
Monday January 16, 2012
1:00pm - 2:00pm: Opening Gathering and Dialogue, Bring Brown bag Lunch (Levin Ballroom in Usdan Student Center)
2:00pm - 4:30pm: Volunteer Service Projects at Brandeis and in and around Boston, including Cradles to Crayons and other locations (please bring donations for Cradles to Crayons)
5:00pm - 6:00pm: Dinner and Discussion
6:30pm - 8pm: Brandeis Annual King Day Celebration with Rev. Liz Walker, music, spoken word, and much more!
The “under 12” children’s program will run from 1:30-4:00pm on site at Brandeis. Children must be accompanied for the duration by an adult. Children and under 18 please sign the permission form that can be found at www.coopmet.org
Suggested donation for snacks, dinner, and overhead: $5
Please bring with you new and gently used children’s items for Cradles to Crayons!
Email IFYI@coopmet.org for complete donation guidelines.
Items to bring are (with the first three being the highest need/priority):
- Winter clothing and WINTER COATS (Sizes newborn to young adult size 18/20)
- Footwear & boots in sizes infants 3 to adult 10. Hats, gloves and mittens for kids aged infant to 12.
- Socks and underwear (new only)
- Bottoms, tops, outerwear, pajamas, accessories
- Clothing: Children’s sizes 0-20 and adult clothing S, M, L that is appropriate for children
- Sneakers, sandals, and boots (Please attach matched pairs with rubber bands)
- Board books, picture books, easy readers, early chapter books, young adult books, foreign language books. NO family, religious, or holiday books. Most needed: baby books ages 0-2
- New art, craft, & school supplies
- Toys. All toys should be cleaned and contain all pieces, instructions and batteries (if required)
- Most needed: infant and toddler toys (NO stuffed animals, videos, computer games, violent toys, big plastic toys, riding toys, playhouse kitchens, and table and chair sets)
- Baby gear (NO cribs) and NEW baby supplies: Safety, feeding, bedding, diapering and health supplies
- New hygiene: Soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes
Opening and Closing gatherings held at:
415 South Street
All are welcome!!
When & Where
Cooperative Metropolitan Ministries
CMM is a grassroots interfaith social action organization in greater Boston. Inspired by Martin Luther King's vision to "Build the Beloved Community", CMM has been uniting people of faith and conscience in action since 1966.